Impact on Office 365
After an upgrade of components to the Active Roles 7.1 and later, the Office 365 add-on which was supported in the earlier versions of Active Roles ceases to work. Hence, it is recommended to uninstall the Office 365 add-on prior to the upgrade of Active Roles.
- Office 365 add-on is not supported on Active Roles 7.1 and Active Roles 7.2 and must be uninstalled prior to their installation.
- Active Roles 7.1 and Active Roles 7.2manages Office 365 and Azure AD natively. However, Active Roles 7.1 does not support the following features of Office 365 add-on which were supported in earlier versions of Active Roles:
- Support for Distribution groups.
- Support for Office 365 contacts.
- Ability to manage and restrict Office 365 licenses through policies.
- Ability to manage and select Office 365 domains through policies.
For a full list of features and changes please refer to the Release Notes, Quick Start Guide, Admin Guide and Azure Admin Guide.