The in-place upgrade process from v7.3.1 to 7.3.3 is a pretty seamless process. The only points to be aware of are the following:
- Before upgrading to the latest version of Active Roles:
- The add-ons of the earlier versions must be uninstalled.
- Replication partners, if any, must be removed.
- The in-place upgrade of Active Roles 7.3 upgrades the active Roles 7.3 Administration service, MMC console, ARS management shell, Web interface and ADSI components installed in the ARS service Host.
Note: If these components are installed on another host/client machines, then they have to be upgraded individually on each host/client machines.
- The in-place upgrade of Active Roles 7.3 does not upgrade the Active Roles Solution components such as SPML Provider, Add-on Manager, Add-ins for Outlook, Diagnostic Tools, and so on. To upgrade the Solution components installed with Active Roles, use the respective installers available as part of the Active Roles installation package.
- The database upgrade process will not create a backup of the earlier version database in the format "DatabaseName_BACKUP_yyyyMMddHHmmss". It will run the in-place upgrade on the existing ARS DBs.
Follow below steps:
1.- Ensure any ARS components such as MMC Console and ARS Configuration Center are closed.
2.- Once the terms in the license agreement is accepted, the following screen will show, click Next:
3.- Click Upgrade:
4.- Upon opening the ARS Configuration Center, the following screen will pop up, select the checkbox and click Next:
5.- The following screen confirms the in-place has completed successfully, click Finish and the ARS service will start up:
6.- Set replication back.
7.- Upgrade ARS components to v7.3.3 as soon as possible.