Install the Configuration Transfer Wizard. This tool is included with the installation media for Active Roles and can be found under Solutions\Configuration Transfer Wizard
Collecting the configuration package
- Install the Configuration Transfer Wizard. This tool is included with the installation media for Active Roles and can be found under Solutions\Configuration Transfer Wizard
- The Configuration Transfer Wizard consists of two components: the Configuration Collection Wizard and the Configuration Deployment Wizard. These components will be present on the Windows Start Screen after installation.
- Run the Configuration Collection Wizard as an Active Roles Admin.
- Connect to the Active Roles host which is running the existing configuration.
- Check the checkbox at the root and then click on Create Package...
- Choose an appropriate path and file name and click Next | Start
- After the configuration is successfully captured, click Finish and then close the Configuration Collection Wizard
Deploying the configuration package
The package should be deployed to a new, clean Active Roles configuration database. If Active Roles is already installed on the desired host, use this resource to clear the existing configuration. After this has been performed, open the Active Roles Configuration Center and configure a new Active Roles configuration database. The Active Roles service account and Active Roles Admin Role Group specified should match what is specified in the existing Active Roles configuration.
- As an Active Roles Admin, connect to this new configuration and add all of same domains which are present in the previous configuration.
- As an Active Roles Admin, run the Configuration Deployment Wizard
- Browse for the package which was collected above and click Deploy Package
- Choose the Active Roles instance which is running the new, blank configuration and then click on Next | Next | Start
- If errors are encountered during the deployment, it may be necessary to try again and check off the Ignore errors checkbox
- After the deployment is completed successfully, reconnect to the Active Roles instance which is running the new configuration and test functionality.
NOTE: This process will bring over the Active Roles Virtual Attribute schema, but not the associated values. These can be brought over by using the SQL Import and Export Wizard and copying the contents of the CVSAValues table, using the following query to gather data from the source:
Select * from CVSAValues WHERE valueText IS NOT NULL