ActiveRoles Server offers Reporting Components (Report Console) which can be installed from one complete package or separately. This will detail the installation for each piece separately.
To install, run autorun.exe and from the main page, go to ActiveRoles Server. Scroll down to the bottom to see Reporting Components. Each install below will use this as a starting reference.
To install the Reporting Console: Click on Reporting Console and install accepting the default settings. The Report Pack can be installed next as it contains the Report Library Information needed for the Console's reports.
To install the Report Pack: Click on Report Pack and install accepting the default settings.
To install the Data Collector: The data collector is the tool used to gather data that can be reported on. Click on Data Collector, Install accepting the defaults. Once installed the data Collector needs to be configured. Follow the steps below to configure:
- Open ActiveRoles Server Console, Applications, Reporting and "Run Data Collector Wizard"
- Click Next
- Select Collect data from the network, and click Next
- Under Configure Connection, Browse for SQL Database by typing in the SQL server name, AR Server Service will be the computer running the ARS Administration Service, Select account credentials or default Windows NT authentication click Next
- Type in a new database name and click Next after "Configuration Completed Successfully", click Finish. In order to successfully complete this step the account needs the proper permissions to the SQL server. If this account is not an administrator, review the Quick Start Guide and User Guide for permissions.
- Under Data Collection Tasks select the tasks you want to perform and click Next
- If Active Directory is selected you will then need to select the categories of data to collect, click Next, and add in the domain and OU you want to collect information from and click next
- Schedule the ActiveRoles Server Collector task. This task will need to be run before you can connect to your data source (set up explained next) and click Finish
After the data collector has run you will need to set up the data source:
- Open ActiveRoles Server Console, Applications, Reporting and "Run Reporting Console"
- Go to Tools, Data Source
- Clear out any configuration that may be there, then click Configure. Browse to the SQL database you set up above for the data collector and select authentication - default is Windows and click OK and OK again.
- You can now run reports through the Reporting Console.
To install the Reporting Web Portal: Click on Reporting Web Portal and accept install defaults.
- At the Specify Reporting Web Portal Database page, Browse to your SQL server, use default Database name of "rcwi" and authentication method then click Next
- Reporting Web Portal Settings, Choose an account with access to the Virtual directory listed above and click Next
- Indexing Service Settings, Choose an account with access to the Location and click Next
- Configure the settings to use for email notifications click Next and Next again.
- Click Finish
- See the "Web Reporting Components Guide Users Guide" for working within the Web Portal