1. Login to Active Directory Users & Computers and navigate to the Defender | Access Nodes OU.
2. Create a new Access Node and select the default values in the wizard.
3. For this test, specify the address of your DSS as the IP of the Access Node.
4. Open the properties of the test Access Node.
5. Assign your DSS on the Servers tab, add your test user on the Members tab and set a Token Only policy on the Policy tab.
6. Restart the Defender Security Server Service on your DSS.
7. Download the attached RADIUS-Test-Utils.zip, copy it to your DSS and extract the ZIP.
8. Open Radius Test Client.exe.
9. The "IP" is that of the DSS. The Secret and Port are the same as specified in your Access Node.
10. Ignore the Challenge section and click OK.
11. In the window that appears, go to File and select Send Interactive...
12. Enter your username and a token reponse from the user's token in the Password field.
13. If the Defender authentication is successful, you will see "Access Approved".
14. You may also wish to test from a client workstation. Change the IP of the Access Node to the client address and test again.
NOTE: Some fields in the test tool, such as secrets and passwords will be displayed in plain text.