If an existing Defender iToken user upgrades their iPhone to the iOS 7 operating system, the iToken application will no longer function correctly. This issue relates to all currently released Defender iTokens, which includes version 1.0.6 (4221) and below.
Currently the iOS 7 operating system is in a beta state and not released to the general public. According to Apple the operating system will be officially released in the autumn time frame.
How does this affect the Defender iToken?
If an existing Defender iToken user upgrades their iPhone to the iOS 7 operating system, the iToken application will no longer generate a response as it should, instead the following message will be displayed:
"Invalid token: Token is locked to a different device."
Users who perform fresh installs of the Defender iToken software after the upgrade to iOS7 will experience no loss in functionality.
PLEASE NOTE: The latest version of the iToken (1.0.7 4323) is now available for download from the App store: You no longer need to activate a new token – you should upgrade the iToken app to version 1.0.7 (4323) and the current token will start functioning again.
You no longer need to activate a new token – you should upgrade the iToken app to version 1.0.7 (4323) and the current token will start functioning again.
If an iToken user has already upgraded their iPhone to iOS 7, then they should delete their existing token definition within the iToken App and request a new one via the Defender Management Portal or their Defender administrator.
To delete the existing token definition:
1.On the iPhone, select the iToken application to display the iToken screen.
2. If you only have one token activated select the "i" symbol in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen and select Select Another Token (if you have more than one then repeat the following steps for each).
3. Select and hold the token you wish to delete. This will generate an "Actions" list.
4. Select Delete Token. When asked, 'Really Delete "Token"' - select OK.
These steps are also outlined on page 9 of the iToken User Guide: http://us-downloads.quest.com/Repository/support.quest.com/Defender/5.7/Documentation/Quest%20iToken%20User%20Guide.pdf
To request an iToken via the Defender Management Portal (Defender Token Deployment System):
The Defender Token Deployment System is a web based application that allows for the Quest iToken to be requested directly through a local web site. The activation code can be received by e-mail or if you are accessing the website using the browser on your iPhone a self-activating installer is available.
1. To request a software token from the Defender Management Portal, open a browser and go to the website provided by your administrator, for example http://website/Request. Log on to the portal using your domain credentials and select Sign In.
2. Select Request a Software Token. The Defender Software Token Setup Wizard starts (You will see only images for the token type(s) that you are allowed to request. This is defined by your administrator. If you cannot see the software token you require, please contact your administrator for assistance.)
3. After choosing the iToken from the Token Deployment System website and completing the verification process the Install and Activate Token web page is displayed. This page provides the following:
- A link to download the token software from http://itunes.apple.com/app/itoken/id302341144.
- The activation code, which can be copied and pasted to the iToken activation code dialog.
- A link to automatically enter the activation code (If you are browsing the webpage on your iPhone device and the token software is already installed).
- An option to send these details to your e-mail address.
These steps are also outlined beginning on page 7 of the iToken User Guide: http://us-downloads.quest.com/Repository/support.quest.com/Defender/5.7/Documentation/Quest%20iToken%20User%20Guide.pdf
Please note: We recommend that users do not upgrade their iPhone iOS to version 7 until a new updated Defender iToken becomes available on the AppStore with a version greater than 1.0.6 (4221).