Reinstalling the Defender Web Service API may be successful in correcting this issue. For example, reinstalling may correct issues with the connection points.
Review the Windows event log for any relevant errors.
If further logging is required to diagnose, the Defender Web API trace may be enabled following these steps:
Please note that when enabling tracing, this will only function correctly on a startup immediately after install.
1. Add a new registry entry for:
HKLM:SOFTWARE\PassGo Technologies\Defender DWORD:SCP Diagnostics=1.
Note. The 'PassGo Technologies' key is not expected to already exist.
2. Un-install the Defender Web Service API from Programs and Features
3. Re-Install the Defender Web Service API, selecting relevant certificates as before.
4. Check the Services to see if the Defender Web Service API has auto-started.
5. The trace will appear in scp.txt in the normal defender diagnostics folder, normally C:\ProgramData\Quest Software\Diagnostics.
One Identity does not provide support for problems that arise from improper modification of the registry. The Windows registry contains information critical to your computer and applications. Make sure you back up the registry before modifying it. For more information on the Windows Registry Editor and how to back up and restore it, refer to Microsoft Article ID 256986 “Description of the Microsoft Windows registry”