The following error message appears when applying a Defender license:
"There is no such object on the server"
When checking the location of the Defender OU in Active Directory you can see that it is not in the default top level location.
Create a temporary Defender OU in the default location and import the new license file.
- Use Active Directory Users and Computers to create a temporary Defender OU in the top level of the domain.
- Import the license file which should now import into the temporary Defender OU.
- Ensure that View | Advanced is enabled, so the license object can be seen.
- Move the license to the correct OU.
- Remove the temporary Defender OU that you created.
- Close and reload ADUC
- Check the Defender licensing screen to ensure that the new license is shown.