To resolve the issue, the Email OTP Access Policy will be modified using the below steps to allow a keyword to send out a new list of Email token responses.
1. Open Active Directory users and Computers on a system where the Defender Administrator console has been installed.
2. Find and expand the “Defender” and “Policy” OU.
3. Right click on the Email OTP Policy and select “Properties”
4. Click on the “E-mail OTP” tab
5. Enter a keyword into the “Keyword” field.
6. Click “Apply” and “Ok”
7. Attempt to reconnect to Defender but instead of using a token response, use the Keyword entered above as a token. Defender should send a new Email with OTP Token responses.
After performing the above, Defender should work as expected when attempting to authenticate with the first code of OTP emails.