When configuring the System Service Account for the Defender Management Portal, version 220.127.116.1191, clicking "Save" gives the following error:
"The configured user for the System Service Account does not have the 'Allow log on locally' right."
1. Uninstall the current 18.104.22.16891 build.
2. In Windows Explorer navigate to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\Defender' and delete the 'Defender Web' folder.
3. Install the 22.214.171.12427 build from the Defender CD or ISO.
4. Configure the system service account on the 'Credentials' page within System Configuration and save the changes.
5. Run the 126.96.36.19991 hotfix build to upgrade the system.
The same issue could also be seen if the "Save" button is used on the "Roles" page. In this case the message "There is an error on this page. Settings were not saved" will be seen at the top of the page and the message "The specified group must exist" will be seen next to any group configured.
This only affects new installs of 188.8.131.5291 – upgrades, where the settings have previously been configured, will not be affected.