When configuring the System Service Account for the Defender Management Portal, version 184.108.40.20691, clicking "Save" gives the following error:
"The configured user for the System Service Account does not have the 'Allow log on locally' right."
1. Uninstall the current 220.127.116.1191 build.
2. In Windows Explorer navigate to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\Defender' and delete the 'Defender Web' folder.
3. Install the 18.104.22.16827 build from the Defender CD or ISO.
4. Configure the system service account on the 'Credentials' page within System Configuration and save the changes.
5. Run the 22.214.171.12491 hotfix build to upgrade the system.
The same issue could also be seen if the "Save" button is used on the "Roles" page. In this case the message "There is an error on this page. Settings were not saved" will be seen at the top of the page and the message "The specified group must exist" will be seen next to any group configured.
This only affects new installs of 126.96.36.19991 – upgrades, where the settings have previously been configured, will not be affected.