Active Roles Add-on for Lync Server enables ActiveRoles to create and administer Microsoft Lync Server user accounts. It works in conjunction with Quest One Quick Connect to synchronize user account information between ActiveRoles and Lync Server, so that Lync Server user management tasks can be performed from the ActiveRoles Web Interface.
What’s new in this version
• Version 2.1 adds support for Quick Connect Sync Engine 5.3.0, Quick Connect Express for Active Directory 5.4.1, and ActiveRoles 6.9.0. You can use Active Roles Add-on for Lync Server 2.1.0 in conjunction with those latest versions of ActiveRoles and Quick Connect.
• Create and administer Lync Server 2013 or Lync Server 2010 users. The add-on supports both Lync Server 2010 and Lync Server 2013.
• Create and administer Lync Server users in a multi-forest Active Directory environment. Both the resource forest and central forest topology options are supported.
• View the last run time and last run result of the synchronization workflow on the add-on application page in the ActiveRoles console, and start the synchronization workflow immediately, without waiting for a scheduled run.
• View the user accounts that are waiting for synchronization, or failed to synchronize, with Lync Server. The add-on provides new Managed Units for that purpose, labeled "Sync Pending" and "Sync Failure."
• Administer Lync Server users that were enabled for Lync Server using tools other than ActiveRoles. The synchronization workflow causes ActiveRoles to recognize any Lync Server-enabled user accounts that exist in the managed domains.
• View or change Lync Server user properties in the ActiveRoles Web Interface using pages similar to Lync Server Control Panel.
Active Roles Add-on for Lync Server 2.1 Release Notes