One Identity Safeguard provides a single architecture for privileged access management that is delivered on a secure hardened appliance. This architecture greatly simplifies deployment and management, and accelerates the time to value. Safeguard enables you leverage a unified policy engine and management tools to securely grant access to privileged passwords and sessions.
What’s new in this version
• Zero downtime patching: During the cluster patch operation, access workflow is available so authorized users can request password releases and session access.
• Federated login: One Identity Safeguard supports the SAML 2.0 Web Browser SSO Profile, allowing you to configure federated authentication with many different Identity Provider STS (idP-STS) servers and services, such as Microsoft's AD FS and Azure AD.
• Lights out management: The Lights Out Management feature allows you to remotely manage the power state and serial console to Safeguard using the baseboard management controller (BMC). When a LAN interface is configured, this enables the Appliance Administrator to power on an appliance remotely or to interact with the recovery kiosk.
• Multi-request: Authorized Safeguard users can now request multiple password releases or sessions in a single request. In addition, these requests can be saved as a "favorite" access request, providing quick access to the request form the user's Home page.
• Safeguard 2.1 contains many fixes and stability enhancements. It is strongly recommended that all Safeguard customers upgrade to this release. See the Release Notes for full details of enhancements, improvements and corrections.