Sometimes an outdated instance (from a decommissioned server) may remain listed under:
General Settings > Instances
This can occur if a working application server was suddenly removed from an environment.
If one or more tasks are still assigned to an inactive service instance, the outdated instance will remain listed under General Settings > Instances in the Admin site. To check this, go to:
1) General Settings > Scheduled Tasks
2) Check if either of your scheduled tasks is assigned to the outdated service instance (you’ll have to click to edit each task to see the assigned service instance).
If all of your tasks are assigned to a working service instance, you can then try to manually remove the outdated entry from your Shared.storage file. To do so, please follow the steps below:
1) Please go to:
2) Open the Shared.storage file and search for the group settings:
3) Delete the whole reference of the inactive service instance:
From <host id…> all the way to <\host>
4) Close and save the Shared.storage file. Then open/refresh the admin site;
5) Now, check if the changes made to the file are being displayed on the Admin site. Click to edit one of your valid instances and then click on “Save”.
Please make sure to follow the step 5 instructions as this is essential to update the timestamp on the Shared.storage file and will guarantee the normal function of Password Manager from this point onwards.
Once the changes are saved restart IIS and the PM Service.
© ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback Conditions d’utilisation Confidentialité Cookie Preference Center