The following steps assume the Safeguard for Privileged Passwords 2000 Appliance has been configured and licensed. As a Safeguard for Privileged Passwords user, if you get an appliance is unlicensed notification, contact your Appliance Administrator.
To start the desktop client application
- From the Windows Start menu, choose Safeguard.
On the server selection screen, enter or select the server's network DNS name or IP address to connect to the appliance over the network and click Connect.
Note: When entering an IPv6 address, enclose the IPv6 address in square brackets.
- You will see a message like: You'll now be redirected to your web browser to complete the login process. You can select: Don't show this message again. Then, click OK.
On the user login screen, enter your credentials and click Log in.
User Name: Enter your user or display name. Do not include spaces in the User Name.NOTE: When using directory account credentials, you have the option to enter your domain\name.
- Password: Enter the password associated with the user entered above.
If your Safeguard for Privileged Passwords user account requires you to log in with secondary authentication, enter the secure password token code, or other authentication for your authentication service provider account and click Submit.
Note:The type and configuration of the secondary authentication provider (for example, RSA SecureID, FIDO2, One Identity Starling Two-Factor Authentication, and so on) determines what you must provide for secondary authentication. Check with your system administrator for more information about how to log in to Safeguard for Privileged Passwords with secondary authentication.
- When login is successful, you can close the web browser and return to the Safeguard application.
To remove server DSN names or IP addresses no longer used
The DSN name or IP address on the server selection screen may be no longer used. If you want to remove one or more selections, you can edit the user.config file using a text editor like Notepad.
- Make a backup copy of user.config in case you want to return to the file.
Open the file and edit the following section to list only the addresses you want:
<setting name="ClusterHistory" serializeAs="Xml">
<ArrayOfString xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
- Save the updated file.
- Log on to verify the correct selections display.