On the Permissions tab, select the user's Administrator permissions, if applicable. For details on the rights for the permissions, see Administrator permissions.
Users permissions across multiple user groups
Users have permissions based on the user groups to which they are assigned. If a user is removed from a user group, the permissions related to that group are removed but the permissions for all other groups the user is assigned to remain in place.
User permissions on import
When a directory user group is imported, newly created Safeguard users are assigned the selected permissions. If the user exists in Safeguard, the selected permissions are added to the existing user permissions.For more information, see Adding a directory user group.
To assign permissions
When assigning permissions to a user, select the appropriate access controls. You can Select all or Select none at the bottom of the dialog.
Authorizer: Allow the user to grant permissions to other users. This permission allows the user to change their own permissions.
- User: Allow the user to create new users, unlock and reset passwords for non-administrative users.
- Help Desk: Allow the user to unlock and set passwords for non-administrative users.
- Appliance: Allow the user to edit and update the appliance and to configure external integration settings, such as email, SNMP, Syslog, and Ticketing.
- Operations: Allow the user to reboot and monitor the appliance.
- Auditor: Allow the user read-only access encompassing all auditor roles. You can limit the Auditor role access by deselecting one of the following check boxes:
- Application Auditor: Allow the user read-only access to Asset Management and Security Policy Management.
- System Auditor: Allow the user read-only access to Appliance Management and User Management.
- Asset: Allow the user to add, edit, and delete partitions, assets, and accounts.
- Security Policy: Allow the user to add, edit, and delete entitlements and polices that control access to accounts and assets.
- Personal Passwords: Allow the user to add, edit, delete, share, and access the personal password vault. This check box is only available to the User Administrator and Security Policy Administrator. For more information, see Personal password vault.