Appliance Administrators can execute a trusted, secure appliance diagnostics package to help solve issues with configuration, synchronization, and clustering, as well as other other internal challenges. The appliance diagnostics package is available from the web Support Kiosk, not the Serial Kiosk (Recovery Kiosk). The appliance diagnostics package can be used even when the appliance is in quarantine. To protect against external threats, Safeguard rejects illegitimate appliance diagnostics packages. The manifest file in the appliance diagnostics package lists criteria that may include the minimum Safeguard version, appliance ID, and expiration time-stamp UTC. New product code and database changes are not included in an appliance diagnostics package.
web client: Navigate to Appliance | Appliance Diagnostics.
- The state of the appliance displays (for example, Online). Click Refresh to update the state.
- If no appliance diagnostics package has been loaded, click Upload Diagnostics, select the appliance diagnostics package file that has an .sgd extension, then click Open.
- If the upload criteria is not met, the appliance diagnostics package is not uploaded and a message like the following displays: The minimum Safeguard version needed to run this diagnostic package is <version>.
- If the upload is successful, the Diagnostic Package Information displays with the Status of Staged. You can:
- Select Execute and wait until the Status changes to Completed or Error.
- Select Remove to delete the appliance diagnostics package and the associated log file.
- Once uploaded, you can perform these activities.
- If the Expiration Date has not passed, you can select Execute to execute the appliance diagnostics package again.
- Select Delete to delete the appliance diagnostics package, the associated log file, and stop any appliance diagnostics package that is running. Before uploading a different appliance diagnostics package, you must delete the current one because there can be only one appliance diagnostics package per appliance.
- Select Download Log to save the log file. Audit log entries are available through the Activity Center during and after execution and are part of the appliance history. A log is also available during and after execution until the diagnostic package has been deleted.