About this hotfix
This hotfix addresses issues with the NetApp® agent, NFS managed hosts, and access reporting. It also provides additional Change Auditor integration for SharePoint® activity and enhancements for DFS link support and the user interface. The minimum version required for installing this hotfix is One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition 7.0.2.
NOTE: This hotfix contains all resolved issues since the general release of One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition 7.0.2
Determining if this hotfix is needed
This hotfix for One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition may receive additional testing. If you are not severely affected by the issues addressed by this hotfix, it is recommended that you wait for the next release of One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition as it will include this hotfix.
Please download One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition 184.108.40.206 Cumulative Hotfix by Clicking Here.
The following is a list of issues resolved in this hotfix.
NOTE: Not all of the builds mentioned below were public releases; however, you can guarantee that you have the fix if you have a build greater than or equal to the "Fixed in" build number associated with the Issue ID.
Require NFS hosts to only be created through the Manager or PowerShell.
Updated column names in the Governed Data view by replacing the text ‘POI’ with
Updated the agent to only send critical error messages once when a NetApp® filer connection gets disconnected.
Updated Agent view to refresh on agent restart, removal or addition.
Updated error handing when resource browsing SharePoint® managed hosts.
Updated error handling around DFS links that do not have targets.
Updated resource browser in how DFS links are displayed.
Updated the column name ‘Account Identifier’ to ‘Security Identifier (SID)’ across all views.
Improved error handling for Set-QBusinessOwner cmdlet.
Improved exception handling when setting business ownership and SMTP is not in place.
Updated SharePoint hosts within Manage Access view to not include non-SharePoint resources.
Updated access restriction to Data Governance Edition dashboards.
Added 'Edit host settings' menu action in resource browser.
When placing a DFS link under governance, automatically govern all of the link’s targets.
Removed ‘Publish to IT Shop’ from Governed Data Overview for NFS items.
Fixed Account Simulation for the following groups: Certificate Service DCOM Access, Cryptographic Operators, and Event Log Readers.
Improved loading of mini filter driver in the local change watcher.
Improved validity checks on service account creation process.
Updated Resource Activity Exclusions to allow for saving new folders.
Updated Resource Activity Exclusions to allow for saving environment variables.
Updated ‘Set business owner’ for DFS links to only set ownership on the link, not on the link’s targets.
Updated NFS icon within Governed Data Overview.
Removed ‘Publish to IT Shop’ for NFS resources in Governed Data Overview
Removed Accounts view from Managed Hosts view for NFS managed hosts.
Updated Resource Access report for DFS link to return DFS security.
Updated error handling when moving files and folders with explicit permissions.
Updated business owner verification in Set-QBusinessOwner cmdlet and updated governed item to refresh when setting business owner.
Updated QAM_TUUNXAccountInUNXGroup trigger.
Updated perceived owner calculation for DFS links to aggregate information from all targets of a link.
Updated AddNFSManagedHost to perform UNIX® module check.
Updated ‘Export agent logs’ to send agent logs separately.
Updated resource access query to check for files prior to returning results.
Added additional prompt to auto manage DFS link targets.
Updated resource activity reporting for DFS links to show aggregation of all target activity.
Added error handling to account access subscribable reporting on DFS hosts.
Updated UNIX synchronization behavior for UNXAccountInUNXGroup.
Added Change Auditor integration for SharePoint resource activity tracking.
Updated database for 6.1.3 upgrades to 7.0.
Added unsaved changes prompt when closing Managed Host Properties form.
Fixed DFS target auto deployment when managing a DFS link containing three or more targets.
Updated behavior when publishing DFS link to IT Shop to govern backing folders/shares automatically.
Removed ‘Access Denied’ exception when resource browsing to pagefile.sys.
Fixed Security Index view when using Application Server connection.
Resolved issue with group enumeration in NetApp agent.
Updated agent to push security changes in real-time to the security index.
Fixed report preview for Account Activity report when running from the Manager.
Improved activity reporting communication between the agent and server.
Updated DFS Managed Host "OK" button behavior.
Applicability of this hotfix
One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition 7.1.2 and any hotfix build since
Installing this hotfix
Beginning with version 7.0.1, the Data Governance Edition module can be updated and released independently of One Identity Manager. Therefore, this hotfix includes a new QAM folder that will replace the existing QAM folder installed with One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition version 7.0.x and updated dlls that will replace the existing dlls in the QBM module.
To install the hotfix
1. Replace your existing local <D1IM Build>\Modules\QAM folder with the QAM folder provided in this hotfix release package.
2. Replace the existing dlls in the QBM module (\Modules\QBM\install\bin) with the dlls provided in this hotfix release package. Replace the following dlls:
· Quest. Titan.Common.Shared.dll
3. Run the JobQueueInfo.exe and wait for the queue to clear.
4. Once the job queue is empty, stop the One Identity Manager job service on the server handling queries from the Master SQL Server®.
5. Stop the Data Governance service.
6. For SQL server deployments, ensure that the SQL server agent is running.
7. Perform a One Identity Manager and Data Governance Edition upgrade:
· Log in to the server hosting the One Identity Manager administrative components and run the One Identity Manager autorun to install the new local Data Governance files. From the autorun, open the installation page and install the One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition.
· Run the Configuration Wizard (ConfigWizard.exe) to upgrade and configure the One Identity Manager database.
NOTE: You will be blocked from continuing if the job queue is not empty. You will be asked to stop the job service and close all open connections to the One Identity Manager database.
· Start the One Identity Manager job service.
· Run the Data Governance Wizard (Data Governance Configuration Wizard.exe) to upgrade the Data Governance service and resource activity database.
8. Launch the Manager to upgrade the Data Governance agents. If prompted to perform updates, click Yes.
Verifying successful completion
To determine if this hotfix is installed
1. Locate the Quest.Titan.Common.Interfaces.dll in the Data Governance server installation directory (%ProgramFiles%\Dell\One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition\Server).
2. Right-click the .dll and select Properties.
3. Open the Details tab to check the File version (220.127.116.11) of the assembly.
1. Open the “Data Governance Service Log.txt” file (which is also located in the Data Governance server installation directory).
2. Check for the latest entry with the header “Message: Server startup - Logging file versions”. You should see file version 18.104.22.168 listed for many of the files.
Removing this hotfix
To remove this hotfix
1. Use Add-Remove Programs to remove One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition 22.214.171.124.
2. Redeploy an older version of Data Governance Edition if required.