If a Web Portal is currently set to http://servername/IdentityManager what steps need to be taken so that it can be accessed by https://IM.Domain.Com/IdentityManager?
Some of the steps for changing the access for Identity Manager from 80 to 443 are as follows:
1. A valid HTTPS Certificate is needed, and installed to the IIS Server (Using IIS Manager)
2. Make sure that HTTPS is bound (using IIS Bindings) to the site hosting Identity Manager
3. Ensure that a DNS record exists in the environment so that the new URL directs users to this web server (Using DNS)
NOTE: Before proceeding, test the ability to open a web browser from a local workstation and load Https://IM.Domain.com/ and it should load the default IIS Loading page with the new certificate. If this fails the next steps that involve Identity manager may not work. Please re-check the above requirements to make sure everything works before proceeding.
4. Edit the Config File for the Web server using Web Designer Config File Editor, located here:
NOTE: If an error appears, please re-open the Web.Config file from the tool before proceeding
5. Once the Config file editor is opened:
a. Expand "Language Pool Settings"
b. Select the Language URL you wish to edit (for example English)
c. Once the language is selected, click the "edit" button (Pad of paper with a pen in the top right of the "Language Pool settings" section
d. Type in the new URL: (For Example): https://IM.Domain.Com:443/IdentityManager
It is recommended to perform the above only during a maintenance window, and should first be tested against a development environment to prevent any downtime in the event of an issue.