can be found here: Identity Manager - Technical Documentation
- What is the exact Product Version
- Which OS Versions are in use (Job Server, Database Server, Domain Controllers, etc.)?
- Which Database Version is being used?
- Which .NET version is installed? (E.g., System script fails to compile with .NET framework version 4.6.2 and later
- For version 7.x and higher, please provide Support with system information
(additionally, the results of select * from qbmvsystemoverview
as a .csv file).
- If sending error messages to the Service Request, please provide full error messages and full exception stacks (as attached text or log files).
- If sending screenshots to the Service Request, please do not crop, but include the whole screen, where applicable.
- If any hotfixes have been installed please let Support know the number of the Service Request in which they were received and the file versions.
- Which troubleshooting steps
were attempted? What were the results?
- Is there a development or test environment available?
For performance issues, please provide Support with a Query Execution Plan
and SQL Logs (Version 6.x
, Version 7.x and above
). Please also refer to Knowledge article 201696
, Troubleshooting Performance Issues
Data Governance Edition (DGE)
- DGE hotfix rollup version
- Steps to reproduce the reported issue
- Applicable Screenshots or recordings
- Managed host type
- Agent/Target system OS, target system type
- DGE Server OS
- DGE Server RAM
- Database server RAM
- Crash dump, if applicable
- Free space on DGE Server
- Free space on Agent
- Free space on Database server
- Size of the DGE Activity database
- Environment description
- For any error Messages, please provide the full exception stack.
- Hanging/crashes upon editing: Please provide an Object Log (Version 6.x
, Version 7.x and above
History Database (HDB)
- Please provide all configuration parameters under Common\ProcessState
- Please provide the configuration from the HDB (screenshot from HDB Manager)
- Is the HDB located on the same server or a remote server?
- Are there any suspicious entries in DialogJournal on either HDB or the production DataBase (select messagestring, messagedate from dialogjournal where messagetype in ('E', 'W') order by messagedate desc)?
- Are there any new entries in HDB.HistoryJob (table)?
- If custom processes are used, please attach the process export (XML). Please let Support know if and when it was copied from a standard process.
Target System Operations:
- SAP specific:
- Version of SAP .NET Connector as per dev_nco_rfc.log
- SAP Version
- Version Information on target system
- Component and Provider DLL FileVersions if hotfixes are installed
- Target System Connectivity:
- Are the required ports reachable (Communications Port and Firewall Configuration
- Can the behaviour be observed with Object Browser
- Elaborate on the difference(s) between observed and expected behaviour.
Web Portal/Web Designer
- File Version of Web Binaries (WebDesigner.exe, AE.WebDesigner.PlugIn.dll, WebDesigner.AppModel.dll, WebDesigner.Base.dll)
- Can the error be reproduced in Web Designer?
- Can the error be reproduced with VI_StandardWeb (the default web portal installation)?
- Can the error be reproduced with a different browser?
- Are there any virus scanners in place and do they correctly exempt the web application?
- Is the module/component in question customized? If so, from which version was it copied? Please export and attach relevant affected module(s) and component(s).
- IT Shop Logs
- Please provide TRACE version of the Application and Database logs
- Server Problems: Server Event Log
- Client Problems: Client Event Log
- Data Manipulation problems: Can the given user perform the operation through Object Browser?