1. Ensure that there are no jobs in the Jobqueue. Otherwise you might have problems after the restore with jobs that should be executed for the Master SQL queue. Depending on your Job Server configuration for the Master SQL queue, you may have to change the Master SQL server in the Identity Manager database as well because the name has changed. It may also be necessary to create the server entries of the new SQL server.
2. Create a full backup of the database you want to copy. SQL Server should create a consistent backup, but if you want to take extra safety measures you can stop all job services and disable all schedules.
3. Create a new database (or use the old database as restore target).
4. From the context menu of the new database select “Tasks | Restore | Database”
5. As “Source for restore” select “From device” and choose your backup file by adding it, closing the dialog and setting the check mark in the list of backup sets
6. Go to “Options” and select the “Restore option” designated as “With Replace”
7. Select the “Recovery state” annotated as “Restore with recovery”
8. Restore the database by clicking Ok
9. Fill in and execute this statement:
set DataOrigin = 0,
ConnectionString = 'Data Source=<YOUR INSTANCE>;Initial Catalog=<NEW DB NAME>;User ID=<USER>;Password=<PASSWORD>;Pooling=False'
10. Compile the database.
11. A notification about the restore should come up and the DBCompiler should create a new DB-UID.
12. A new log-in to the system will be required
13. Compile the new database
14. Run the following SQL procedures
EXEC QBM_PDBQueuePrepare 0,1
EXEC QBM_PWatchDogPrepare 0
15. If Identity manager components are already installed, ensure all front end tools (Manager, Designer) and All Services (IT Shop, Job Service, Web Service) are all pointing to the new Database server. Depending on the version gap the auto update function is possibly not able to update components. You might need to reinstall job services, tools and the web portal from the installation media.
In order to avoid problems with transports between cloned environments, at least one of the following parameters need to be changed on the clone: