Assigning external approval policy to IT Shop
To assign a new external approval policy to IT shop
- Create a new IT Shop or a new shelf to an existing IT Shop.
Modify the approval policy for the IT Shop with the newly created approval policy.
For more information on assigning external approval policy to IT Shop, see the One Identity Manager Administration Guide.
Using ServiceNow as a One-Stop Shop
After the integration of One Identity Manager IT shop into the ServiceNow portal, ServiceNow web portal serves as a one-stop shop for requesting ServiceNow as well as One Identity Manager items.
The integration is accomplished by combining the External Content View of a content item in ServiceNow and the deep linking feature of the One Identity Manager Web portal page.
For ServiceNow web portal to serve as a one-stop shop you must configure the ServiceNow web portal and One Identity Manger Web Portal authentication modules.
NOTE:Before configuring the One Identity Manager web portal, the ServiceNow portal must be configured to display the external content item.
To configure the ServiceNow web portal
- Login to the ServiceNow web portal.
- Create a new category:
- On the ServiceNow home page, on the Navigation bar, select Service Catalog | Catalog Definitions | Maintain Categories.
- The Categories list is displayed.
- On the Category pane, click New.
- On the Category New Record pane, in the Title field, enter the required category title.
- In the Catalog field, click the Search icon to search for a catalog in the catalog list and assign it.
- Click Submit.
- Create a new content Item:
- On the Navigation bar, select Service Catalog | Catalog Definitions | Content Items.
- On the Content Items pane, click New.
- On the Content Item New Record pane, from the Content Type drop-down menu, select External Content.
- In the URL field, paste the url https://<WebPortalServer>/IdentityManager/page.axd?ContextID=<PageLink> for deep links to One Identity Manager.
For example, https://webportalserver.com/IdentityManager/page.axd?ContextID=VI_ITShop_ProductSelection
The context ID changes based on the Web Designer page that must be displayed.
- Assign a catalog and category to the newly created content item.
- On the Content Items pane, click against Catalogs and then click to search and select a catalog.
- Click against Category to search and select a category from the assigned catalog.
- Click Update.
The catalog and category are assigned to the newly created content item.
- Add the newly created category to the Service Catalog page.
- Navigate to Self Service | Service Catalog.
- Click the + button on the upper right corner of the screen. Search for the newly created category and click Add here to add the category on to the screen in the required place.
To configure authentication modules on the One Identity Manager Web Portal
- Go to the One Identity Manager Installers location, navigate to Modules | QBM| Install | bin and run the WebDesigner.ConfigFileEditor.exe file.
- On the file browser, navigate to the One Identity Manager Web Portal root folder, select the web.config file, and click Open.
- The Web Designer Configuration Editor page is displayed.
- On the Web Project pane, in the Authentication module drop-down menu select the required authentication module. For example, Employee (Role based), OAuth 2.0 / OpenID Connect (role based), and so on.
NOTE: The login behavior of One Identity Manager may vary when the link is accessed from the ServiceNow web portal, based on the web portal authentication module.