1. Export a configuration file from the existing Password Manager instance as follows:
o Connect to the Password Manager Administration site
o On the menu bar, click General Settings
o Click Import/Export
NOTE: Be certain to copy the auto-generated password in Password Manager version 5.7 and up. Each time the Import/Export Settings tab is selected a new password is generated, and it will only work for the configuration that was saved at the time it was generated.
o On select the Import/Export option from the menu
o Ensure Export configuration settings is displayed in the drop-down menu, and select the Export button to save the configuration file backup to the desired backup location
2. Install a new PM instance on the new server by running the Password Manager x86.exe file or the Password Manager x64.exe file located in the Password Manager\Setup folder on the installation CD, depending on the operating system type
NOTE: A license key file will be necessary to install Password Manager. To retrieve a lost license key file, please see this resource.
3. If any custom certificates are used to secure the Password Manager Web Interface sites or the internal site communication, ensure that these certificates are re-deployed (if necessary) and copied to the new host. If a new certificate needs to be created, ensure that the old certificate is cleared from the Password Manager configuration files.
4. Open the Administration site on the new PM instance
5. On the Instance Initialization page, select the Unique instance option
6. Launch the PMAdmin site General Settings | Import/Export | in the drop-down box select Import configuration settings
7. Click Browse to select the configuration file that you exported in Step 1
8. Enter the password and click Save
9. Test the User and Helpdesk sites on the new PM instance to make sure the settings migrated as expected
10. Verify that the new instance is assigned the correct role(primary/secondary), if migrating the primary instance, please ensure that only the new server is assigned a primary role. To update the instance role, please use the Resolution section of included below knowledge base article:
11. Once the new PM instance is up and operational, you can shut down and then uninstall the original PM instance.
12. Make sure that the corresponding service connection point for the original PM service has been removed from Active Directory. Service connection points for all PM instances are located in the following AD container:
o For Password Manager 5.5.x and below:
o For Password Manager 5.6.x and above:
o For Password Manager 5.7.1 and above:
13. Navigate to Admin site / General Settings / Realm Instance and remove the previous instance from the realm
14. In Active Directory, navigate to Users container and delete PMReplication container (that container will be recreated by the storage replication scheduled task)
© 2022 One Identity LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Feedback 利用規約 プライバシー