Use the Managed Networks page on the Cluster settings view to add managed networks, which can be used to distribute the task load in a clustered environment. It is the responsibility of the Appliance Administrator to define and maintain managed networks.
To add a managed network
- Go to Managed Networks:
- web client: Navigate to Cluster | Managed Networks.
- desktop client: Navigate to Administrative Tools | Settings | Cluster | Managed Networks.
- Click Add.
- In the Managed Network dialog, provide the following information:
Name: Enter the display name for the managed network. This may be the name of the Safeguard for Privileged Sessions Appliance used to authenticate the linked SPS session connection.
Limit: 50 characters
Description: (Optional) Enter information about the managed network.
Limit: 255 characters
Subnets: Click Add to specify the subnets, or group of hosts, to be managed.
Enter each subnet using CIDR notation. For example, 0.0.0.0/0.
NOTE: You can add a subnet to only one managed network. You will receive an error if you attempt to add the same subnet to another managed network. If you are unsure if an IP address has already been associated with a managed network, use the Resolve Network search box. For more information, see Resolving IP address.
Passwords Managed By: Select the appliances to be used to manage the specified subnets.
NOTE: You do not need to specify an appliance when you initially define a managed network. You can use the Edit button to specify the managing appliance at a later time.
- Sessions Managed By: If applicable, select the Safeguard for Privileged Sessions (SPS) appliance to associate with the managed network.
- Click OK to save your selections and add the managed network.