Consider the following scenario:
- Internet Information Service (IIS) is installed on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2 in a domain.
- Anonymous Authentication is disabled and Windows Authentication enabled for the One Identity Manager(1IM) web portal.
- The DefaultAppPool application pool or another application pool that uses ApplicationPoolIdentity is used as the identity for the 1IM web portal.
- Connection to the 1IM web portal is with a URL that refers to the IP address of the web server.
- Internet Explorer (IE) is configured to use "Automatic logon with username and password" for the appropriate security zone for the IP address based URL.
In this scenario, users that access the web portal are seeing one of the following issues:
- Users get incorrectly prompted for credentials.
- Users get repeating HTTP 401 error messages popping up.
- Users get repeating HTTP 12015 error messages popping up.