How to apply an Access Template
1. In the console tree, under Configuration | Access Templates, locate and select the folder that contains the Access Template you want to apply.
2. In the details pane, right-click the Access Template, and click Links.
3. In the Links dialog box, click Add to start the Delegation of Control wizard.
4. On the Welcome page of the wizard, click Next.
5. On the Objects page, add or remove the objects on which you want to specify permission settings by using the Access Template:
• To add objects, click Add, and then use the Select Objects dialog box to locate and select the objects.
• To remove objects, select them from the list on the Objects page, and click Remove.
6. Click Next.
7. On the Users or Groups page, add or remove the users or groups (Trustees) to whom you want to assign the permissions defined by the Access Template on the objects that you have included on the Objects page:
• To add users or groups, click Add, and then use the Select Objects dialog box to locate and select the users or groups.
• To remove users or groups, select them from the list on the Users or Groups page, and click Remove.
8. Click Next.
9. On the Inheritance Options page, select or clear these check boxes as needed:
• This directory object Specify permission settings on the objects you have included on the Objects page.
• Child objects of this directory object Specify permission settings on all the child objects (or members, as applied to a Managed Unit) in the entire hierarchy under each of the objects you have included on the Objects page.
• Immediate child objects only Specify permission settings on only the child objects (or members, as applied to a Managed Unit) of which the objects that you have included on the Objects page are the direct ancestors.
10. Click Next.
11. On the Permissions Propagation page, if you want the Access Template-based permission settings to be synchronized to the native Active Directory access controls, select Propagate permissions to Active Directory. Doing so causes the authorization information on the objects to be modified in Active Directory based on the permission settings defined within Active Roles.
12. Click Next.
13. Click Finish.