1. Navigate to the Preferences | System settings | Active Directory
2. On the AD Configuration page, click the Configure console for Active Directory link next to Forest:
Note: If a domain name is displayed instead of the link, the management console is already configured
3. On the Configure console for Active Directory Logon page,
a) Enter a domain in the forest.
b) Enter the Active Directory credentials.
c) Click Connect to Active Directory.
d) When you see the message that indicates your console connected to Active Directory successfully, click Next.
4. On the Set up console access by role page, click Add...
To specify the Active Directory (AD) users and groups that you want to have access to the features available in the console.
The Select Users and Groups page opens:
a) Use the search controls to find and select AD user(s) or group(s). Select one or more objects from the list and click OK.
b) Click in the All Roles cell to activate the drop-down menu from which you can choose a role for the user account.
c) Click Finish to save your selections and return to System Settings.
5. Click OK to close System Settings and return to the management console.
6. Click Log out and log back on using an Active Directory account that has been granted access to the console
For more information please review the Management Console for Unix Administration Guide