Possibly Auto Discovery is not working, or was previously working but has now stopped functioning correctly. These steps can be followed to restart the agents:
- Sign into the TPAM appliance via the "/admin" interface.
- Under "System Status/Settings | Agents | Auto Discovery", click "Stop" to stop the Agent. (Current status should change to "Stopped")
- Under "Automation Engine" tab, click "Auto Mgt Agent"
- Click "Disable" button for "Account Discovery" (status should change to "disabled")
- Click "Enable" for "Account Discovery" (status should change to "Enabled")
Now return to the "System Status/Settings | Agents | Auto Discovery" page. and then click "Start" for the Auto Discovery Agent again.
If the problem was caused by a stopped Agent, checking the "Agent Log" in a few minutes may show successful discovery of Active Directory users.
If the issue has started after a version update eg. upgrade to 2.5.915, then it may be required to review the Patch Log and verify the update completed without error's and all files were available to be updated because the appliance was rebooted prior to the update being applied.
Verify the Patch Log via https://appliance_IP/admin/PatchManagement.asp?StartPage=PatchLog
Ensure no errors are present. Send a Support Bundle to Support for review if issues are present and Auto Discovery is not working as expected.