The Password Sync tab in Quick Connect can be used to sync passwords between 2 systems. For instance you can sync passwords from an AD source domain to an ARS target domain.
For this example, we will configure a sync from AD to ARS.
- In the Password Sync tab, in Quick Connect, click Add password sync rule
- In the Source connected system click Specify and click either Add new connected system (and fill out the Connection settings) or Select existing connected system if you already have the connection configured (under Connections)
- Once you have the Source selected, do the same for the Target connected system and click Finish
- The Password Sync rule is now configured
- Confirm that the desired users fall into the scope by checking the connected system in Connections
- In the Mapping tab, ensure there is a mapping rule between the 2 connected systems. A typical unique attribute would be samAccountname
- Once Quick Connect is configured, install the Quick Connect Capture Agent on all Domain Controllers in the source domain to ensure the password changes get picked up and sent to Quick Connect
- After the Agents are installed, perform a password reset in the source domain to ensure it gets updated in the target domain
- You can check the QC Server event log on the Quick Connect server for event ID 10205 showing the message "Object was successfully reset".