Certain pages in the TPAM web interface are not loading correctly and some buttons are not triggering correctly when "Compatibility View" is enabled in Internet Explorer (IE) versions 8, 9, 10 or 11.
Known issues when using Internet Explorer compatibility mode/view:
- When browsing the /tpam, /admin, or /config interface of the TPAM Appliance the banner is not correctly displayed.
- Light grey transparent line over the blue banner on the top of pages
- /tpam | Management | Session Mgmt | Session Logs | Layout tab is empty
- /tpam | Management | Session Mgmt | Session Logs | Listing tab only shows "Generating Report."
- /tpam | Auto Discovery | LDAP Directory | Source tab is empty
- /tpam | Auto Discovery | LDAP Directory | "error: [object error]" when selecting source for the LDAP mapping
- /tpam | Reports | Activity Reports | All reports display the error when clicking on the "Report" tab: "Request completed with a [object Error] Object doesn't support property or method 'select'"
- /admin | Logs | Sys-Admin | Activity Logs | Report displays the error "Request completed with a [object Error] Object doesn't support property or method 'select'"
- /admin | System Status/Settings | Support Bundle tab has corrupted layout and all boxes are unchecked
- The "File Transfer" tab in a PSM session is unresponsive.
- The "Auto Discovery" | "Add Systems" or Accounts will display a blank page with no settings.
- When trying to press the "Save Changes" or "Change Password" the mouse click is ignored
In 2.5.915 there are additional issues when using compatibility mode:
- /tpam | Retrieve | Retrieve Password, the "Password" tab does not enable, and the "Ticket System" dropdown cannot be selected.
- /tpam | Management | Profile Management, Some issues viewing the various Profiles
Refer to KB186074, When attempting to perform a password retrieve the "Password" tab does not enable for more information.
When attempting to request a password, on clicking save user receives "Exception: Request completed with a 200 status!." message.
Disable Compatibility View/Mode in Internet Explorer (IE)
1. From IE go to Tools or the Settings Menu (the gear icon in the top right corner)
2. Select "Compatibility View settings"
3. Uncheck the "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" box
4. Ensure the TPAM URL/IP address is not listed in the "Websites you've added to Compatibility View:"
If Compatibility mode is required for other intranet sites, add these specific sites to the above list.
NOTE: If compatibility mode has not been enabled locally, it is being set via Group Policy.
Use a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
When on the TPAM web interfaces, go into F12 Develops tools | Emulation Tab | Increase the document mode to 9 or above