How to verify port connectivity from DPA to managed host?
2.5.912 and above
When logging on the DPA locally via dpasetup or remotely via rdpasetup, there is a option "9. Net Tools". This gives Ping, Nslookup, Traceroute and Telnet Tests.
2.5.911 and below
Configure Connection Profile
1. Login to /tpam | Management | Profile Management
2. Configure a PSM Connection Profile, e.g. TelnetTest3389
3. Specify the Proxy Type = Telnet Interactive
4. Specify Port = 3389 (The port number you wish to verify)
Configure the Managed Account for Testing
1. Browse to Systems, Account, & Collection | Manage Account
2. Edit the PSM details of the Managed Account
3. In the General Tab, Change the Proxy Connection to Telnet Interactive
4. Change the Custom Connection Profile to the the PSM Connection Profile created earlier. TelnetTest3389
Configure the Managed System for Testing
1. Browse to Systems, Account, & Collection | Manage System
2. Edit the Affinity of the Managed System
3. Verify the DPA to be tested is set to Affinity = 1
Verification & Results
1. Request a session with the Managed Account.
2. A successful connection is confirmed if the Telnet prompt shows up.
Connected to 10.10.10.10
Escape Character is '^]'.
3. A unsuccessful connection is confirmed with a grey screen.