This happens when the ActiveRoles Server Web Interface has been modified and the default 'Account' tab was either modified or removed. The items on the Account tab are required to set 'User Account Control' options for the new user object such as 'Initial Password', 'User must change password at next logon', and 'Account is disabled'. These values if not set by this page are to create a deactivated account without an initial password.
An enhancement request (TF00457854) detailing the feature (Add ability to hide the account tab from the new user form in the WI).
1. Logon to the 'ActiveRoles Server Web Interface'
2. Start the 'New User' creation wizard
3. Select the 'Click here to customize this form' hyper link on the bottom of the page.
4. Select the 'Account' tab on the left, or create a new tab if this tab does not exist.
5. Select the 'Add Entry' dropdown and choose 'Select', see screenshot titled 'SelectDropDown'
6. In the list of 'Existing Entries' locate the 2 required entries for 'Account' and 'Password'. Esnsure the correct entries are selected, please see attached screenshots titled 'SelectAccount' and 'SelectPassword'. There maybe multiple entries titled 'Account', the 'Forms that use this entry' should list 'LocalUserProperties', and 'NewLocalUser'.
7. Scroll all the way to bottom of page and select 'Finish'
8. Now in the upper portion of the screen Select the 'Reload' link to reload the web interface customization. If this is missed, 'Customization' | 'Reload' is another place to reload the web interface configuration into production.
9. Create a new user. Specify Password and UserAccountControl options as desired during account creation.
10. Verify that the new account is correct and enabled by default.
The product team will evaluate the request and this feature may become available on a future release of the product.