To add a managed host with a local agent, please follow the below steps:
1. In the Navigation view, select Managed hosts.
2. In the Tasks view, select Add managed host.
3. Select Locally Managed Windows Computer and click Add.
4. Select the General tab, and the computer to scan from the Server list
-NOTE: When you install a locally managed host, you have the option of automatically installing the agent with the host, or manually installing the agent at a later date. Although it is recommended that you install the agent with the host, so you can properly configure it, if you are unable to do so due to a firewall or other security issues, you can manually install it after you set up the managed host. On the Agent Details page, choose External for the deployment method, and then run the Agent.msi file located in the Data Governance installation folder on the locally managed host.
5. Select the Resource Activity tab, and configure the resource activity tracking.
6. Select the Aggregation period. As resource activity is continuously tracked, this period is used to group together the results over a period of time.
7. To limit network traffic, select Enable activity synchronization window.
8. To excluded accounts and objects from tracking, click the Manage Exclusions button and select the objects to exclude.
a) Select to add or remove users or groups, file extensions or folders to be monitored for resource activity.
b) Use the Export and Import buttons on their respective tabs to export and import a list of
SIDs, file types, or folders to exclude.
For file extensions, you can enter a Category name to group any extensions you add to the exclusions list.
c) Select OK to save the changes.
9. To selectively scan a host, select the Security Index Roots tab, and select Add security index roots from the Tasks view.
For a local host, you need to add and save your changes before you can add a security index root. For a remote host, you need to add and save your changes, then add an agent and save your changes before you can add a security index root.
10. Choose the directory to be scanned and the required agent, and click OK.
Local agents by default scan all local fixed volumes on their host computer.
11. Save your changes.
For additional information, please reference the Data Governance deployment guide, currently available for download from the quest.com/support portal.