When your application requires the domain name as part of the login process the easiest way to accomplish this is to tell your application to use primary accounts:
- Via the QESSO Console, select your Application and select the "Configuration" tab.
- From the "Configuration" tab select the "Account Base" sub-tab.
- Check the box next to "The application uses primary accounts" and then select the desired "Login format"
For example, if you wish to use domain\username then select "NT4: DOM\jdoe".
The Windows username can be used in the following formats:
- Short name: username only.
- Windows 2000 (and later): username including the Windows domain, for instance: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NT 4: username preceded by NETBIOS domain, for instance: DOMAIN\jsmith.
For more information please refer to the Quest ESSO Console Administrator Guide. The Enterprise Single Sign-On (ESSO) documentation can be downloaded here.