This article is to describe steps to change the user from questusr to another account for autoprofiling
The questusr should not be renamed.
Here are the steps to change what user is used for auto-profiling:
1. Select one or more hosts on the All Hosts view and choose Profile Automatically...
2. Clear the Profile the host automatically option and click OK.
3. On the Log on to Host dialog, enter the user credentials to access the selected host(s) and click OK.
This disables automatic profiling and does the following:
- leaves the "questusr" and the corresponding "questgrp" accounts on the host, if they were previously created.
- leaves questusr as an implicit member of questgrp, if it exists.
- removes the user account (the "questusr" or your existing user account) from the cron.allow file.
- removes the auto-profile SSH key from that user's authorized_keys file.
4. Go to the ‘All Local Users’ tab and filter by the account "questusr"
5. Right click the user and select delete
6. Then reset it up with new account. For instruction on setting up a an existing account refer to Knowledge Article 116209