In circumstances where templates need to be reapplied to multiple objects at once, the multi-select option may be used.
For example, you have several Employee objects with an assigned account definition, such as ADSAccount. The ADSAccount objects should inherit properties, such as email address, from the Employee object, but due to another issue this has not occurred, so reapplying the templates manually is required.
A multi-select can be performed using Manager or Object Browser.
- Select the relevant objects by clicking on the first entry, holding the Shift key and then selecting the last (or using the Ctrl key for individual entries). For example, from the "Employees" tab select a list of Employee objects that require the change.
- Hit the Enter key to complete the mutli-select. This will open a form allowing for the edit of common properties.
- From the "Object" menu select "Reapply templates" then click "Save"
- Using the "Navigation" option select the relevant table for the objects you wish to modify. For example, if multiple Employee objects require the change, select the "Person" table.
- Click on the first entry, then while holding the Shift key select the last (or using the Ctrl key for individual entries). Then hit the Enter key to complete the multi-select. You may also right-click the selected objects and choose "Open multiple selection".
- From the "Object" menu select "Execute templates" then click "Save"
Monitor the changes view jobqueueinfo, if necessary.