Prerequisites for using Defender with Password Manager are:
1. The Defender Client SDK has been installed and configured on the Password Manager server as described in the Defender documentation
2. The Password Manager service account must have rights and permissions to access Defender.
For detailed instructions on how to correctly delegate Defender permissions to the Password Manager service account please see KB article 124818
, How to Run the Delegation Wizard and Delegate Defender Permissions
For steps on how to install the Defender Client SDK please see KB article 124820
, How to Install the Defender Client SDK Software
Once the Defender prerequisites are met, the Password Manager configuration needs to be complete, including:
- Defender Server IP address: Specify Defender Server IP address.
- Port number: Type the port number that the Defender Access Node uses to establish a connection with the Defender Server.
- Server timeout: Specify Defender Server time-out (in minutes).
- Defender shared secret: Provide the secret that the Defender Access
The Defender authentication should now work in the Password Manager workflows.