The ActiveRoles Configuration Transfer Wizard can be found in the following location in within the ActiveRoles Server media installation folder:
Solutions\Free Tools\Configuration Transfer Wizard
It is highly recommended that you you make a backup of the ActiveRoles Configuration database before you run the deployment feature of the Configuration Transfer Wizard
Please note the following regarding the use of the ActiveRoles Configuration Transfer Wizard:
- It is recommended to be an ActiveRoles Administrator in both the source and destination environments. The ActiveRoles Administrator account (or group) is specified during installation of the Administration Service and defaults to the Administrators group on the computer running the Administration Service.
- Before transferring the ActiveRoles configuration data, ensure that the Active Directory Organizational Unit (OU) structure in the destination environment is identical to the OU structure in the source environment.
- If an object to deploy already exists in the target configuration, then the properties of the object are updated during the deployment process.
- The solution cannot be used to transfer configuration objects of the following categories:
- Built-in objects (the objects that have “built-in” as part of the name)
- Objects held in the Configuration/Application Configuration/Web Interface container (Web Interface configuration data)
If you encounter any errors when deploying a configuration package you can restore the configuration database from the backup created in the first note above.