Installing Initial Service
This section covers the database-related steps of the Setup Wizard in the assumption that you are
installing the first Administration Service in your environment.
To install initial Service
- On the Service Deployment Options page, click Install initial Service.
- On the Database and Connection Settings page, complete the Database area:
a) In SQL Server, type the name of SQL Server in the form <Computer>\<Instance> (for named instance) or <Computer> (for default instance). Setup will create the database on the SQL Server instance you specify.
b) In Database name, type a name for the database to be created.
- Complete the Connection area:
• To have the new Administration Service connect to SQL Server using the Administration Service account, click Use Windows authentication.
• To have the new Administration Service connect to SQL Server using a SQL Server login, click Use SQL Server authentication and type the login name and password.
On the Database and Connection Settings page you can select the Store Management History in a separate database check box. For information about this option and instructions on how to use this option, see “Installing a Separate Management History Database” later in this document.
- On the Configuration Database Summary page, review the database and connection settings you are going to use.
- Complete the Backup of Encryption Keys page.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard to complete the installation.
Steps to Install the Console
The Quest One ActiveRoles console can be installed on any computer that meets the system
requirements and has a reliable network connection to a computer running the Administration Service.
It can also be installed on the Administration Service computer.
To install the Quest One ActiveRoles console
- Run autorun.exe, located in the root folder of the Quest One ActiveRoles DVD.
- In Autorun window, click Quest One ActiveRoles, and then click Console (MMC Interface) in the list of the product components.
- Follow the instructions in the Setup Wizard to complete the installation.
To install the Web Interface
- In the Quest One ActiveRoles DVD Autorun window, click Quest One ActiveRoles, andt hen click Web Interface in the list of the product components.
- Follow the instructions in the Setup Wizard.
- On the Administration Service Selection page, choose from the following options to specify what Administration Service you want the Web Interface to use:
• Administration Service on this computer Use the Administration Service running on the computer where you are installing the Web Interface.
• Administration Service on the specified computer Enter the name of the computer running the Administration Service you want the Web Interface to use.
• Any Administration Service of the same configuration Specify any Administration Service whose database holds the necessary configuration, by typing in the DNS name of the computer running that Administration Service. If Quest One ActiveRoles replication is used to synchronize configuration data, this must be any Administration Service whose database server acts as the Publisher for the configuration database.
- On the Ready to Install the Application page, click Next to start the installation process.
- Wait while the wizard completes the installation.
The Setup Wizard creates three Web Interface sites based on the default configuration templates. Once
installation has been completed, you can modify the Web server-related parameters, such as the virtual
directory name, for these Web Interface sites, or delete Web Interface sites. You can also create
additional Web Interface sites.