Things to check in the web config:
1. In the web.config you should have a similar line to this to configure session state.
2. In the application pool section, check the redirect. If your folder is under wwwroot it needs to be just server/folder name e.g.:
http://nn.nn.nnn.nnn/Identity Manager frontend.
Note: domain and credentials are not needed unless you have more than one line, for multi-language implementations.
3. Visualisation has to be set to "AE2006", otherwise the pages will not render.
Things to check in IIS:
1. The application pool user can be left as the default, and is usually fine. But you may need to check file permissions etc. for that user.
2. IIS --> Identity manager application --> IIS section, authentication --> All types disabled except for "Windows Authentication"
1. Are you using a proxy server? If so the proxy must be configured to use sticky sessions.
2. Cookies need to be enabled for the domain.
3. The site should be listed as in the Intranet Zone. Check that the site is listed under Tools --> Internet Options --> Security --> Local Intranet (Sites button)