Management Policy is a core element of Password Manager. Using the Management Policy you can configure workflows for registering new users, resetting passwords, and others. For each Management Policy you can configure a user scope, and delegate helpdesk tasks by configuring a helpdesk scope. You can configure multiple Management Policies with different user and helpdesk scopes, workflows and secret questions. The default Management Policy with preconfigured workflows is available out of the box.
A Management Policy consists of the following components:
- Questions and Answers policy
- User scope
- Helpdesk scope
- User enforcement rules and reminders
To create secret questions in the default language
- Open the Administration site by typing the Administration site URL in the address bar of your Web browser. By default, the URL is http(s)://<ComputerName>/PMAdmin/.
- On the Administration site home page, click the Q&A Policy link under the Management Policy you want to configure.
- On the Configure Questions and Answers Policy page, select the default language for secret questions by clicking the language link in the Default language option.
- Under Question List, click the Edit questions link to specify mandatory, optional and helpdesk questions in the default language.
- In the Edit Questions in the Default Language dialog box, specify mandatory, optional and helpdesk questions.
- Change questions’ order by clicking the appropriate links.
- Click Save to save the questions and close the dialog box.
Common Sample Questions
Password Manager does not contain any questions within the product. Here are some common sample questions:
- What is the name of the street where you first lived?
- What is your favorite movie?
- What is your Mother's maiden name?
- What year (YYYY) was your Mother born?
- What is your Father's middle name?
- What year (YYYY) was your Father born?
- What is the year (YYYY) of your first car?
- What is the make of your first car?
- What is the model of your first car?
- What was your first hire date with XXXXX (company name)?
- What is your employee number with XXXXX (company name)?
- Where is your favorite vacation location?
- What is the name of your first child?
- What is the name of your oldest niece?
- What is the name of your first employer?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- What is your paternal grandfather's first name?
- What is your paternal grandmother's first name?
- In what city was your mother born? (Enter full name of city only)
- In what city was your father born? (Enter full name of city only)
- In what city was your high school? (Enter only "Charlotte" for Charlotte High School)
- Where did you meet your spouse for the first time? (Enter full name of city only)
- What was the name of your first pet?
- In what year (YYYY) did you graduate from high school?
- Who is your favorite childhood superhero?
The users questions and answers will be encrypted and stored in AD.
Here is a link to another reference with sample questions and best practice recommendations.
Note: Increasing the number of management policies will increase the connection time to the self-service site due to the product design.