Setting Up Reporting Environment
To enable the reporting functionality of Password Manager, ensure that the following requirements are met:
The interactive Web-based reports are built on data that the report server retrieves from the Password Manager SQL database, and can be either viewed online or exported into multiple file formats.
You can create and view reports interactively using the Administration site, and save them to multiple file formats.
To use the reporting functionality, you have to specify the SQL Server to store the Password Manager database and connect to the Report Server that is capable of building reports using the data stored in the Password Manager database.
When specifying the SQL Server and the database to store the log data, ensure that the account under which Password Manager will access the server has the appropriate permissions to create and write to a database on the server.
When connecting to a report server for the first time, Password Manager publishes the reports included with the solution to the server, and populates the list of reports on the Administration site. Before connecting to a report server, ensure that the account under which Password Manager will access the server has the appropriate permissions to publish the Password Manager reports. The administrative rights on the report server will be sufficient for this account to publish reports.
To configure Password Manager reports
1. On the home page of the Password Manager Administration site, click Reporting.
2. On the Statistics page, click the Edit Connections link under the Reporting and User Action History title.
3. On the Specify settings for connecting to the SQL Server page, enter the following information.
4. After entering required information click Next.
5. In the Report Server Connection Settings dialog box, specify the following settings and click OK:
Report Manager URL
Specify the account for deploying SSRS reports
Specify the account that the Report Server will use to connect to the data source