There are a number of ways, as described below, to validate that resource activity is being recorded properly:
- At the agent level, check the agent log for a "Resource Activity Store Processed" trace message, similar to the following:
NOTE: Local agent log files are stored on the host computer in a subdirectory of the agent installation folder:
- DGE 7.x: %ProgramFiles%\Dell\One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition\Agent Services\DataGovernanceAgentService.
- DGE 6.x: %ProgramFiles%\Quest Software\Data Governance\Agent Service\DataGovernanceAgentService.
Remote agent log files are stored in subdirectories of the agent installation folder, named after the agent ID (BW_ ...), on the host computer:
- DGE 7.x: %ProgramFiles%\Dell\One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition\Agent Services\.
- DGE 6.x: %ProgramFiles%\Quest Software\Data Governance\Agent Service\.
Agent log files are maintained as a binary file with the file extension .bwalog. To view their contents, use the command line tool, BWAgentLogReader.exe.
- To convert an agent log into readable text, enter the following from the command prompt: bwagentlogreader /f /full >> outputFile.
You can also export the agent log as a text file by double-clicking the log or right-clicking the log and selecting Export.
- At the Data Governance server level, check the Data Governance Resource Activity Log.txt file for a "A resource activity update is being processed ..." entry, similar to the following:
[2015/08/07 20:37:58.37796Z] A resource activity update is being processed for managed host 'MMD1IM70' between '2015-08-07 20:34:57Z' and '2015:36:01Z'
NOTE: By default, the Data Governance Server log files are stored in the server installation folder:
- DGE 7.x: %ProgramFiles%\Dell\One Identity Manager Data Governance Edition\Server
- DGE 6.x: %ProgramFiles%\Quest Software\Data Governance\Server
- In the Manager, use the Calculate perceived owner task
- In the navigation view, select Data Governance | Managed hosts.
- Select the target managed host and select Resource browser.
- In the Resource browser, double-click through to locate the target resource and select Calculate perceived owners.
- The Perceived Business Owners dialog appears; if one or more accounts are listed, activity is being captured.
- In the Manager, run the Resource Activity report
- In the Resource browser or Governed data overview, locate the target resource.
- Select the target resource and select Resource activity report.
- Specify the appropriate time range and click Finish to generate the report.
- If the report lists the expected activities, activity is being correctly recorded.
- In the Data Governance Edition Resource Activity database, check if there is any items in dbo.AuditUsage. If there is, activity is correctly being sent from the agent to the Data Governance server and then to the Data Governance Edition Resource Activity database.