You can find the product documentation here
- Before version 7.0:
- For 7.0 and higher, please provide us with system information.
- If you are sending error messages, please provide full error messages and full exception stacks.
- If you are sending us screenshots, please don't crop but include the whole application.
- If you are using any relevant hotfixes, please let us know the number of the case in which you have received them and the file versions.
- Which troubleshooting steps did you attempt?
Data Governance Edition (DGE)
- DGE hotfix rollup
- Core product version
- Steps to reproduce
- Screenshots or recording
- Log files
- Managed host type
- Agent/Target system OS, target system type
- DGE Server OS
- DGE Server RAM
- Database server RAM
- Crash dump if applicable
- Free space on DGE Server
- Free space on Agent
- Free space on Database server
- Size of the DGE Activity database
- Environment description
- For any error Messages, please provide full exception stack.
- Hanging/crashes upon editing: Please provide an Object Log (6.x, 7.0).
History Database (HDB)
- Please provide all parameters beneath Common\ProcessState from prod.
- Please show us the config from HDB.
- Is the HDB located on same server or remote server?
- Are there any suspicious entries in DialogJournal on either HDB or prod DB?
- Are there any new entries in HDB.HistoryJob at all?
- How is the remote query timeout configured on prod DB?
- Jobservice Log
- Determine Job Execution Type (stdioprocessor, stdioprocessor32, internal) and create log, object log and SQL log (6.x, 7.0).
- If custom processes are used, please attach process export. Please let us know if and when it was copied from a standard process.
- Target System Operations
- SAP specific:
- Version of SAP .NET Connector as per dev_nco_rfc.log
- SAP Version
- Version Info on target system
- Component Debug Log
- Component and Provider DLL FileVersions if hotfixes installed
- Sync config and mapping info
- Target System Connectivity
- Can the behaviour be observed with Object Browser?
- Elaborate difference between observed and expected behaviour
Web Portal/Web Designer
- FileVersion of Web Binaries (WebDesigner.exe, AE.WebDesigner.PlugIn.dll, WebDesigner.AppModel.dll, WebDesigner.Base.dll)
- Can the error be reproduced in Web designer?
- Can the error be reproduced with VI_StandardWeb?
- Can the error be reproduced with a different browser?
- Are there any on access virus scanners in place and do they correctly exempt the web application?
- Is the module/component in question customized, from which version was it copied? If so, please attach module and components.
- Web Application Log
- Server Problems: Server Event Log
- Client Problems: Client Event Log
- Data Manipulation problems: Can the given user perform the operation through Object Browser?