Open the relevant password policy
Under the “Policy Rules” tab
- Open the "Disallowed Characters Rule"
- Enable the “Password must not contain:” checkbox
- Click on the “Special characters:” link to see which characters are disallowed. Other characters can be added to this list or else some can be removed if required.
The following special characters are the defaults configured by Password Manager but others such as '€' or '£' can be added if required.
- Click on the “In positions:” checkbox and specify the numbers of positions within a password where the characters must appear.
- If no special character should appear in the positions 1,2 and 5-10 this will allow them to appear in positions 2,3,4 and 11+
- If no special characters should appear in any position then the full length of the password should be specified. If the password length rule specifies a password length of 20 characters then 1-20 should be specified. If no password length rule is specified then it must be configured in order to exclude all special characters from a password.