This article illustrates the protocols utilized by Password Manager’s service to communicate with its components.
The Password Manager’s service depends on the following protocols to communicate to its components:
1) LDAP between service+SPE and ActiveDirectory;
2) Net.tcp, Net.pipe (WCF) between service and the User/Helpdesk/Admin sites;
3) HTTP/HTTPS between end users and the User/Helpdesk/Admin sites;
4) HTTP/HTTPS between SPE and User site;
5) SMTP between service and SMTP server;
6) HTTP/HTTPS between service and SSRS;