If your web project is configured with a secondary authentication method of 'Employee (role based)' and a password is not set for all users, individuals will be able to log into the web interface of IT Shop using just a username and no password.
In order to immediately address this issue please execute the following SQL in Object Browser:
set DialogUserPassword = '(*INSERT PASSWORD*)'
where isnull(DialogUserPassword, '') = ''
Please commit the transaction once verifying the results.
Going forward this problem will need to be corrected for all new Employees that are created for Identity Manager. In order to accomplish this, we need to make a simple change to the process template.
- Open Designer
- Select Process Orchestration
- Select Person
- Select show table definition
- After selecting the show table definition option you will see something similar to the below screenshot
- Scroll down and select DialogUserPassword
- Towards the bottom of the screen select the Custom tab
- Enable two check boxes, Custom and Overwrites (custom)
- In the Template(Custom) section enter: Value = "(INSERT YOUR PASSWORD)"
- You can enter any password that will meet your security requirements within the quotes " "
- After you finish, do not forget to commit the changes to the database
- Now when a new user is created, they will have a default password automatically in place