1. Download the MCU patch attached to this article and uncompress the file.
The attached patch for Management Console for Unix (MCU) contains the following files:
The files in the patch are:
2. Install the files on the MCU server by following these steps:
1. Stop the MCU service
Quest One Management Console for Unix
2. Backup the existing files (make sure they are moved and not kept in the same path) The files can be found here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Quest Software\Management Console for Unix\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\lib
3. Extract the new jar files and move them into the same location that the originals were in.
4. Restart MCU service.
Then try to reproduce the issue with the error message appearing on your monitoring application.
E.g. the error message was:
cat: 0652-050 Cannot open ./.auto_qas_status_results.
3. The new updated script still needs to be properly pushed out via the MCU. In order for that to occur you will need to delete the heartbeat policy within MCU and configure it freshly.
1.Right click the host in question and select details you will get a new screen and in the upper right hand corner is an 'Options' drop down menu. I've included a screenshot to show what this looks like.
2. Select the Check QAS agent status automatically....
which opens another window.
3. At this time you need to uncheck "Check Status Automatically", click ok, which will then configure the client to stop doing the checks.
Once complete you can configure it again in the timeline you prefer and that should solve the issue.