A Group Policy can be used to configure the connection points available to the Capture Agents on the domain controllers.
To configure connection points using a group policy:
- Create a new group policy object or edit an existing group policy object.
- Expand: Computer Configuration | Policies
- Right-click Administrative Templates and select Add/Remove Templates...
- Click the Add button
- Browse to the CaptureAgentService.adm file which can be located in either of the following locations...
On the Domain Controller where the Capture Agent is installed:
C:\Program Files\Dell\One Identity Quick Connect Capture Agent\Administrative Templates
On the server where the Sync Engine is installed:
C:\Program Files\Dell\One Identity Quick Connect\Administrative Templates
- Once added, click Close.
- Expand: Computer Configuration | Policies | Administrative Templates | Classic Administrative Templates (ADM) | Quick Connect | Quick Connect Capture Agent Service | Connection Points
- Configure each of the connection points necessary (one for each Sync Engine service configured for Password Sync in this source domain)
Each Connection Point entry requires the following information:
- Quick Connect service URL(e.g: net.tcp://MyComp/Dell.QuickConnect.Server/PasswordService)
- Connect system ID
(see below for steps to retrieve connected system ID)
To retrieve Connected system ID:
- Open the Quick Connect Administrative Console.
- Click Connections
- Click the name of the source connection that is configured for Password Sync
- On the bottom-left of the properties of the connection, click the Copy connected system ID link; this will copy the connected system ID to the clipboard and there will be no prompt displayed.