Synchronization Configuration Export
Synchronization projects created for a test database, for example, can be transported to a live database. To be able to use synchronization configuration here, modify the One Identity Manager database connection parameter and the start configuration.
The schema of both One Identity Manager databases are identical. Customized schema extensions used in the mapping exist in both databases.
To export a synchronization project from one One Identity Manager database to another:
1. Save the synchronization project in the source database with change labels. Add new changes labels to do this.
- To save the synchronization project with change labels, open the Commit to database submenu and click Commit and assign a change label...
2. Create a transport package for the synchronization project using the Database Transporter.
a. Select the export criteria Transport by change label.
b. Select the change label.
c. Click Options and set the Add dependent objects to transport file and Close change labels after export.
TIP: To display objects that belong to change labels, click Show.
3. Import the transport package into the target database with the Database Transporter.
4. Edit the synchronization project in the target database.
a. Add a new base object.
- Use the wizard to do this, if it is available.
- The wizard creates a variable set with the given connection parameters. It adds the synchronization base object, for example, the actual Active Directory® domain you want to synchronize, as object in the One Identity Manager database.
b. Customize the One Identity Manager database connection data.
- Select the category Configuration | One Identity Manager connection | General and click Edit connection...
c. Customize the start configuration
- Assign a schedule.
- Assign the variable that belongs to the associated base object.
d. Run a consistency check.
e. Activate the synchronization project.
Please refer to the Target System Synchronization Reference Guide
for additional details.