- Navigate to the following: <installation drive>\Program Files\One Identity\Active Roles\7.2\Web\public
- Open the file Web.config with Notepad (Note: you may need to open Notepad first as Administrator to be able to save changes)
- Find the tag <appSettings> and press Enter at the end of it to drop to a new line.
- Paste in the following on the new line you just created:
<add key="AllowScriptProtocolInURL" value="true"/>
- Save your changes.
- As an administrator, perform an IISReset to load the new settings.
- Specifically using Internet Explorer, access the web interface where the button will be created.
- Navigate to the OU where the contact objects will be created by default, and click the New Contact button in the menu pane on the right.
- Right-click anywhere in the New Contact popup window and click Properties.
- Highlight and copy the full URL shown in the Address (URL) field. It should look like the following example:
Example using the above sample URL:
- Click the Add... button.
- Provide a name for the button. Example: New Contact
It's advised to provide a brief description, especially since these contacts will always be created in the same location in Active Directory, however it's not required.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
- Click Reload.
The new button is ready to be used.